It’s On Us UW Campaign
What is It’s On Us?
It’s On Us is a national campus sexual assault awareness campaign. Launched in 2014, It’s On Us tackles the issue of sexual assault head on by empowering college campuses to speak out, be active, and recognize that it is on all of us to prevent sexual assault and rape culture.
Why is It’s On Us coming to the UW campus?
Sexual assault is a pervasive problem in campuses across the nation– and the UW campus is no different. We have three intended goals based on campus climate results from last year:
- Increase student awareness of resources related to sexual violence support on campus
- Increase student’s awareness of the Health and Wellness Advocate’s services
- Increase participation at events and programs related to sexual violence prevention & awareness
It’s On Us is being brought to the UW campus to empower survivors and activists alike in preventing sexual assault and creating a community truly resilient against sexual violence.
What is our message?
- A cultural change aimed at fundamentally shifting the way we think about sexual assault.
- A rallying cry inviting everyone to step up and realize that the solution begins with us.
- A declaration that sexual assault is not only a crime committed by a perpetrator against a victim, but a societal problem in which all of us have a role to play.
We are reframing sexual assault in a way that inspires everyone to see it as their responsibility to do something, big and small, to prevent it. We are asking everyone to create an environment– be it in a dorm room, at a party, in a club or a sports team, or in the greater college– where sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
Now it’s on YOU…how can you get involved?
- Are you a leader of an RSO or other organization? Let us know if you’d like to get involved.
- Take the It’s On Us UW pledge!
- Like our Facebook Page to stay informed on our events and progress!
- Join us at It’s On Us sponsored events! (SARVA Month in April, PHE Events throughout the year) We will be having our “big” launch during the first week of April!
- Learn tips for being an active bystander and recognizing acts of violence by attending a Green Dot Training! (Next one is on April 29th 10am-4pm)
- If you’re Greek: participate in Greeks Take Action.
- Use the hashtag #ItsOnUsUW to spread the It’s On Us word.
- Add It’s On Us photos, logos, and graphics to your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media profiles!